Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

Replace once a week task with daily task + always look for a charging station in long driving days. Combining once a week task with grocery shopping in Costco is only a 5 mins affair.

Not in the Bay Area! Costco gas line is at least 15 min, worse on weekends. Plugging in an EV take about 15 seconds.

Go at 9:45 am :slight_smile:

Take down, plug, unplug, hook up.

Nokia candybar phones can go for a week in one charge. iPhones need to be charged multiple times a day.

Therefore, use Nokia phones?

Your analogy is always :-1:

I am just telling him that his scenario is only applicable to himself and his description has conveniently omitted many details.

EV accounts for over 18% of new car sales in California last year. I don’t think the benefits he describes apply only to himself.

For daily commutes, just plugging in at night beats going to the gas stations. I don’t understand why people argue over this point. It’s so obvious. The problem is doing longer trips.

2 Likes

I am not arguing the pros and cons. Merely saying not a correct description. Obviously, so obvious, I am exaggerating “applicable to himself”. Vomiting blood now.

Not true. Again, remove, plug in, plug out, hook. There are many other issues… never mind… I am not about to write a prose.

Think deeper. Don’t always expect spoon-feeding.

Btw, have your reason out why only Liu Bei and Cao Cao go to rescue the young emperor?

Btw, to borrow from another blogger, I don’t enjoy telling another blogger they can’t think in details and deeply.

Have done both. All of the folks poo pooing EVs have never owned one. Drive a model y or F150 lightning or Rivian or Taycan or EQS for a few weeks, charging daily at home, and then come back and talk to us. The experience is that much better. If you only want to charge once a week, fine charge once a week. Most people like the comfort of always having a ‘full tank’ and it takes basically no effort to do so.

That applies to everything in the Bay Area. When I moved to AZ I was in and out of the DMV in under 30 minutes; they handed me my plates off a rack instead of mailing them to me.
In the Bay Area if you need to go to the DMV pack a lunch. No lines here to get gas.

No effort - when the nearest charger is 40 or 50 miles away in a direction you’re not going anyway? And you have to stand around for a minimum of 30 minutes when you get there?
Our utility just installed some chargers at a local supermarket. One (1) resident out of 30,000 people bought a Ford Lightening; he’s the only one using them.

I didn’t comment on experience at all. Merely point out…

Neither did I…

Want to compare, compare fairly, don’t conveniently omit details.

Since you bring out this issue, I can view this as negative… constant fear of insufficient charge remains… A psychological issue that doesn’t exist for ICE car.

Btw, pointing out these, you may think I don’t like EV or is judging even though I just want to understand better.

Because to many people it’s too obvious to describe the “details”. Like do you need to know all the gory details of how you plug in a phone charger? How to plug in a rice cooker? Laptop?

A task that takes 10 seconds every night - stick your freaking charger into your freaking EV - and people have to argue it’s worse than: driving 5 minutes to a gas station, wait 5 minutes, grab the pump that could be full of strangers’ germs and wait another 5 minutes, and drive 5 minutes back. That’s the “details” of getting gas in a gas station that you forgot to mention.

I see you like to interpret things superficially. You truly believe it will take 10 seconds (or 15 seconds)? Why don’t you time it.

Stop writing in riddles. That could help thinking more clearly.

Look like you don’t understand the Costco example. I am saying most people “package” their trip e.g. for me, grocery + pumping petrol. For me, I even time my grocery shopping to not to wait, so I drive straight to the pumping station. Hence, to and fro gas station is = 0 because is included to grocery shopping. Please think in depth and details.

I don’t know why you want to compare an EV plug with a cooker’s plug. Did you check the difference? Ask you few questions, do you charge from the front or side or back of the car? Is your home charging station in the left or right side or front of the garage (assume two car garage)? Do your cable block walking?

So according to your logic, you seem to have constant fear of waiting in line that EV owners don’t have. EV owners just make their trip whenever they feel like it. ICE car owners need to perfectly time it to avoid lines.

I went there early to shop so I can complete the tasks efficiently, store traffic is light, short to no queue to pay and car traffic is light, added in pumping petrol for convenience (save one trip). Please don’t lump time wrongly. Is what I refer to “wrong anchoring”… you have a problem anchoring correctly. Anchoring affects the validity of your comparison.

This is not a true statement. Hope you know why.

1 Like

There is no 5 minute drive to a gas station; there’s always one on the way to where you’re going anyway. I never wait 5 minutes for a pump and it doesn’t take 5 minutes to fill the tank.
I’ve never gotten a disease from a gas station pump. Now, that Subway seafood salad sandwich back in 2004 - the one they don’t serve anymore? Knocked me flat harder than the Delta strain of COVID. One week of work missed; three weeks for total recovery. You like to eat out, right?

1 Like

I know retired seniors don’t have to wait for anything, especially those who shop once a week at gas stations. They can always pick the time when most people are at work or at school.

But ever wonder how come there are lines at gas stations at all? Are those people waiting in lines stupid or something? Don’t they know you can go there at odd hours to avoid lines?

No, these people aren’t stupid. They have jobs and kids. They are busy. They have to be at certain places at certain times, unlike retired folks.

1 Like