Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

Lines at gas stations are a California thing. The Bay Area has fewer gas stations now than it did 40 years ago despite the increase in population. Regulations make it impossible to open one, just as regulators messing with PG&E have put an end to reliable electricity in rural areas.
As I may have said I’m on the waiting list for an Aptera if they ever get into production. Likely a four year wait if they ever do as I’ve reserved the one with the 1000 mile range. Half the weight and have the coefficient of drag of a Tesla means half the charging time and much less loss of range at highway speeds - IF their engineering solutions pan out (especially cooling of the battery). That’s why I don’t mind waiting four years. The first ones will likely have bugs. No one but Aptera has an EV practical outside urban centers in the pipeline.

1 Like

This is an important point. With jobs and kids our mornings are hectic enough as it as. Having to to squeeze a trip to the gas station in between packing lunches, getting three kids ready for school, dropping them off at multiple schools and getting to work on time all while managing pre-covid Bay Area rush hour traffic is…taking an already daunting task and making it hellish.

No kids, no job…easy peasy, get gas at 11 after sleeping in and grabbing a senior special at Dennies. Something to do!

1 Like

Does he not realize that everything in China is controlled by the government? I’m sure they could seize Tesla factories there if they wanted. I think that manufacturing will leave China, and they’ll become heavily isolated from the rest of the world.

Oh, and the report says it thinks the virus originated in the lab, but they only have low confidence in the conclusion. That’s mostly due to China’s lack of cooperation. Amazing how reality turns out after some things are heavily ridiculed at the time.

Sloppy labs or bush meat markets that should have been shut down long ago, it hardly matters. Lots of nasty influenza strains originate in China because of poor husbandry in their pig and chicken operations. For their on sake and everyone else’s they need to tighten things up. Go after the corrupt and inept, not Falon Gong or Hong Kong protestors or subsistence fishermen off atolls in the middle of nowhere. The CCP likes to play up Lee Kuan Yew’s success as a counterpoint to Western “freedom” but Lee knew who as worth putting the smack down on.

That was one Chinese journalist’s opinion, but the media twisted it as the voice of the CCP.

1 Like

Perspective…

Ivy League grad.

:+1:

Look at the marriage status.

Remember…

女子无才便是德

This is far more scary to me. 26 story highrise pig farm. The Chinese are building these bioweapon labs all over China.

I am not a fan of the Taliban, unlike Xi and you.

@Elt1 Even Toyota hopes to be like Tesla.

Grudging admiration for Tesla helps reinforce a stark realization at Toyota.
Toyota needs a great leap forward for the new era of full electrics.

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/how-toyotas-new-ceo-koji-sato-plans-get-real-about-evs

https://archive.is/PE0AZ

The government runs the media. There’s no way a journalist expresses an opinion that’s not that of the CCP.

Too much assumption. Even if some in the CCP felt that being the case, perhaps not all. There can be differences in opinion within the CCP.

1 Like

Investor day. what news is @Zeapelido looking forward to?

1 Like

Any news that counter rising T yield.

@Elt1

That’s what Frank Lloyd Wright said when a client said when one of his buildings leak. I don’t want a government mandated experiment. I want a vehicle that is tried and true. Reliable and can make it down my street. Leave your little EV toys down in the flatlands

1 Like

It’s actually bullish for Toyota to get its head out of its arse and start learning new tricks. Very happy to see it’s admitting past mistakes and moving forward.

On the contrary I see Elon and Tesla getting very arrogant. They had done great pioneering work but kinda coasting along for the last couple years.

Toyota has an EV… Strangely named like one of Elons kids.
They make the most Hybrids and PHEVs. They can ramp up and compete with Elon. But they are interested in profits reliability and scalability… Musk just wants to brag on Twitter…

I can just drive up to the second floor now. Lol