Thinking about selling my primary -> rental home

thanks BA_lurker for the advice.

Is it a good idea to give bonus to buyer agent? Say, throw them a $5k bonus to make your house hot and sell for 30k more?

Why do you even need to pay anything additional - just counter.

1 Like

More offers means higher selling price. For some house which is not going to be hot, paying bonus to buyer agent could help. Was this bonus technique tested during the last recession?

met with 2 agent yesterday
one is mine that helped me that i am comfortable with
and another one is decent volume seller in the area, looks like he already have potential buyer that might able to meet my estimate price.

both agent recommned to change the flooring. how do you guys think laminate($5100) vs engineering hardwood(8.5-10k)? I’m thinking about the greyish color ones, is engineering hardwood worth the extra 4-5k?

My understanding on laminate flooring is that it can’t be sanded down like real hardwood to take care of nicks and blemishes, which is why it is so much cheaper. Without knowing how the rest of the house is, it is hard to say what you should do. Part of me says leave it alone, if the house attributes are good/great that buyers are not going to concentrate on the flooring. They will change it to their liking. Frankly, I hate the greyish sheet people put in homes now. Everyone is doing it. I put in cherry bamboo flooring in the one unit that was vacant. Solid flooring that can be sanded down in the future and it was reasonably cheap per sq ft and bamboo can be extra durable if it is the strand kind.

just briefly spoke with her on phone. will talk more to her later today,
asked about comission , she charge 5%

yes

did you just change your pic?

Go with whom you are comfortable with. Melanie typically goes with the Jason Chan lowball strategy (I am sure most folks do) on the listing price. So, she won’t go lower than 5%?

just brief talk, hasn’t do any negotiation thing yet.
still busy to look for a paint guy, anyone know can paint the whole cheap and fast? like 3-4 days.
i’m thinking majority house can keep same color(i still have half a bucket paint) and change color on the living room

Every agent says they have a potential buyer. If you have the same paint, touch up yourself…dont need to repaint…

:rofl:

Engineering hardwood makes the house look high end :slight_smile: When the house is empty, what you see is floor and walls. Fresh paint + newly installed hardwood = like new.

1 Like

I kind of like it. Looks modern.

If my brother still has the number of the guy who quickly painted his wife’s Sunset home for a reasonable price, I will PM you. Cheap because fast and one coat if I remember correctly.

Painting is very easy… can be easily done over the weekend. Use one coat Behr Premium. Main work is in moving Furnitures and stuff.

2 Likes

thanks man.

Ok the painter is someone that the RE agent Christina Chung uses… PMing now

1 Like

yeah, i’ve painted this house myself, but i don’t want to go thru that again for now.

I like the grey floors, but I do wonder if they’ll become one of those things where people look and instantly know the age of the floors.