This, Is Why Google Is Google

I am always inspired by money.

Churn. Google might become old msft in not long. A lot of smart people i like to work with dont feel like going to work or considering to leave. They dont have the courage to because they have kids, they are comfortable, etc.

it became a process place where directors feel like they should be in control of things they dont know about, and most will constantly try to impress their higher management instead of doing what is right for the business. This comes with the constant struggle with bringing projects to finish line, and also means many projects that are dead from arrival will be attempted and pushed for long time.

you might check the stock price, and say everything is good, but also don’t forget, google was young, and now is established, there was a financial crisis so rise was inevitable. wait until you find out what happens in 10 years, if things go this way. when google becomes old msft, you will remember my words :slight_smile:

I kind of blame this on sundar.

Microsoft is coming back with a vengeance. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and eagerness of azure when I set up the translation service on this site. Just minutes ago I got a phone call from a real human being asking if I need help with any azure projects.

That’s why i am saying old microsoft :slight_smile:

Google’s cloud effort always strikes me as half hearted. I am pretty sure google has the best tech but somehow it’s not very interested in getting other people use it?

That’s what happens when you think you’re running a research university and not a company.

1 Like

Oh pls :slight_smile:

Old news but did not know that a) she has a cool nickname and b) she killed again.

Google Ad Chief Ramaswamy Exits; Search, AI Veteran Replaces Him

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-01/google-ad-chief-ramaswamy-exits-search-ai-veteran-replaces-him?srnd=technology-vp

Google did not disclose security breach because it feared regulation, report says

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/08/google-reportedly-exposed-private-data-of-at-least-hundreds-of-thousands-of-plus-users.html

1 Like

Alphabet shuts Google+ site after user data exposed

Surprised G+ was still there. Well not anymore.

Will anyone who’s not a google employee notice?

The far left is taking over Google.

1 Like

Google is trying to implement search in China which conflicts Pentagon Project, dropping off. Google thinks China Market is bigger than Pentagon contract.

Their employees were complaining about the Pentagon contract. I guess those same employees have no issue supporting China’s government censorship of people.

Your choice. Spy on your fellow citizens or censor China people.

2 Likes
1 Like

I wonder if this is bullish for Phoenix. It could become the hub for self-driving tech which could spin-off into other AI tech.

2 Likes