Today Market October 2022

This and next week will tell us whether market has bottomed or a few more months of pain.

NET vs RBLX :face_with_peeking_eye:

Last week, retail traders bought $19.9 billion worth of puts to open. They bought only $6.5 billion in calls to open.

This is the first time in history that puts were 3x calls.

Market turns on extreme sentiments.

4 Likes

So do you think the bottom is in??! :thinking:

I am terrible at timing market. I do think the bottom is likely in, or very close to it. Not that much downside I think. Unless some unforeseen crap happened (eg nuclear war), it seems to me all the likely bad news have been priced in.

But like I said, I am terrible at this.

1 Like

No need to time the bottom perfectly or if at all. Even if you had bought Tsla at a peak anytime before 2020, you would’ve turned out way ahead.

It’s not about timing a bottom, it’s about if you had purchased the right stock, and at what quantity.

Now, when such statistics are available to market, algorithms automatically calculate what is the best way to make profit. If market goes up and up this week, all puts are doomed unless they hold long term puts !

Bottom will happen after election

1 Like

That seems to be a pattern on recent ones. Once the make up of the government is known, then people know who will be the winners and losers.

In the latest Bank of America Fund Manager Survey, cash levels are at their highest levels in over 20 years.

Strategist Michael Hartnett says the survey screams capitulation

2 Likes

Move in sync :grinning:

If you want to learn how to trade using EWT, Knox is clear in explanation and pretty comprehensive. Still watching :neutral_face:

But you said:

Thousand apologies :blush:

3 Likes

Big rocket up if true.

My Fidelity money market is finally paying interest. 2.6%

2 Likes

From Tuesday:

1 Like

This week will determine if the market rally continues or reverses.

I have no idea how economists think GDP was +2.3% in Q3. That seems insanely optimistic. If GDP was that strong, then there wouldn’t be so much excess inventory.

1 Like