Today Market

The hotel occupancy graph is shocking. I guess people are driving to hotel destinations given the flight data. Hotels may be a dark horse to bounce back faster than thought from the current levels. They haven’t really rebounded yet from March lows.

3 Likes

Bret is bearish on SPY.

4 Top Stock Trades for Monday: FSLY, BABA, DDOG, S&P 500

We’re now left with an interesting position: Do we go on to retest or potentially push to new all-time highs, or do we begin to correct? A drop to the 50-day moving average would be reasonable.

With 9-5 job and back to back meeting, it is stressful for me to look at market too. On my behalf, my system is constantly watching the market and text me when there is a peak (either upside or downside). I may have appx 10-20 minutes after that text to either buy or sell, i.e., I need to analyze whether the signal is right or wrong.

I do not read any analysts discussion, neither believe their prediction. Last week, it gave me false signal, I sold everything when UPRO was $53.5, waiting for next signal.

Other than this, I do not try to predict anything on my own !

1 Like

UPRO is green while tech stocks including TQQQ and TECL are red. Market could in fact be changing.

You are right => Market could in fast be changing. As I said, I am staying away from market until get a good entry point.

early is false?

Weird, your computer changes the word “fact” to “fast”. My original statement is fact, when you quote, become fast?

But giving signal at $53.5 when market reached $56.25 is not early signal. Program accuracy is not perfect and is a false alarm. All along, I used to get exact turning point, well within 10-20 minutes gap.

For example, I have got some different signal today, trying to follow. But, I do not like post these as it will mislead others and get into loss. I have seen many try to follow me get into deep loss (This is true).

1 Like

so accurate?

Edit: AAPL is dragging TQQQ and UPRO up. UPRO is now green.

It must give me that accuracy, complex logic - different ways to find out peak (bottom or top). Still it is not accurate, giving false signal, is not acceptable.

Future is really hard to predict.

1 Like

IMHO, is already pin point accuracy.

Misery index. On the other hand there is a shortage of boats. My friend is the Mastercraft dealer in Tahoe.
Too many buyers and not inventory. The manufacturer can’t meet demand. Bifurcated economy.

Smith and Wesson, famous gun manufacturer. Up 450% since March lows

1 Like

There is also a shortage of dehydrated food. Want a 6 month supply in #10 cans? Maybe just insurance against a massive earthquake which completely wrecks the infrastrucure? Sorry, maybe in a few months. Ammo is hard to come by to.
Freeze-Dried Assortment Meal Buckets | Mountain House

Yep. But when the going gets tough, Americans go shopping. And for some reason there is a run on $200k ski boats. Even old boats like my 2002 X10 have doubled in value. WTF?

1 Like

Well…maybe folks are thinking anything tangible is better than greenbacks being printed to infinity.

I think it’s because they can’t travel. Might as well spend recreational money on a toy instead of going to Hawaii. We are seeing people buy expensive boats with no previous boating experience.

2 Likes

Is that as dangerous as the folks rushing to buy guns with no previous firearms experience?

I feel this is similar to people buying 2nd or more homes outside the bay. One look at huge lots, pools and actual mcMansions anywhere north and east of Napa and people are rushing in with offers. I wonder if this is short term trend.

I don’t thing so . The trend to move to the suburbs and farther has been going on since WW2. The urban movement was an aberration that started after the financial crisis and lingered due to millennials avoiding family formations. That Era is over. Plus there is a huge group of boomers looking to cash out of their expensive BA houses. I sold my BA house and bought 5 in Tahoe plus an apartment building. There are plenty of opportunities for retired people to get passive rental income plus a nicer house just by moving 100-200 miles.

2 Likes

It may look accurate, but it is not. It costs money.

IMO,Market struggling to stabilize either direction.

:shushing_face: Don’t alert @manch, I haven’t sold yet.