Today Market

People are hedging with gold, not with Treasury, nor with stocks

Natural for market to sag during elections and then turn UP or Down depending on results. Let us see how it goes.

Few funds in history can rival the returns of ProShares UltraPro QQQ, a $7 billion exchange-traded fund that seeks to triple the daily performance of the Nasdaq 100 index.

Yet fewer can rival its risk, and you can lose money on it even in a flat or rising market. You should think three times before investing in such a fund.

Commonly called by its ticker symbol, TQQQ, the fund returned an average of 51.5% annually over the 10 years ended July 31, making it the single best-performing mutual fund or ETF of the past decade, according to Morningstar Inc. Over the 10 years through Aug. 13, the fund has earned a cumulative gain of 7,298%.

TQQQ fired up the returns of the already smoking-hot Nasdaq 100 index, dominated by such market darlings as Apple Inc., Microsoft Corp. and Amazon.com Inc.

SELL!

The pandemic is obviously not as significant as CNN thinks.

2 Likes

Sell2buy :laughing:

Why the stock market could head higher into the Presidential election

Neck2neck.

Elon Musk is now the 4th richest man in the world. TSLA nearly $2000.

Top: Jeff
2nd: Bill
3rd: Mark
4th: Elon

2nd-4th Jews. Jeff not sure. @manch - Change your ethnicity to Jew and you will have a chance to be ranked in the billionaire list.

1 Like

So long Fed continues to print money, buy!

No need to study charts and FA :stew:

July retail sales were a record and higher than last year. People are spending a record amount of money, but weā€™re supposed to believe most of America is going to starve to death if we donā€™t pass an additional $3T in stimulus.

1 Like

What happens when they stop or if they keep doing it?

Your cheerleading is @manch level.

I donā€™t believe in anything anymore. I am selling everything and hoarding guns :sunglasses:

When Obama sells his beach house I will believe in global warming
When everyone gets taxed equally on their income I will believe in taxes
When liberals give away all their worldly goods I will believe in their altruism.
When criminals are treated as harshly as citizens applying for a building permits I will support bureaucrats
When cities actually build affordable housing I will believe it exists.
When Medicare actually becomes free I will support free medical.

Until then I am hoarding guns and bullets.

1 Like

Guess you have the food and were covered.
Or - if they water runs out thereā€™s always wine, right?

Wine is for drinking. Water is for fighting :sunglasses:

Not necessarily trueā€¦Market makers will cheat the retail investorsā€¦wait and seeā€¦

Just messing around. Anyhoo, most of the time when previous ATH is breached (or nearly), there will be a correction. So I close TQQQ position, left a small UPRO position. Even though I traded TQQQ later, trading profit has overtaken UPRO, mostly due to larger size and more volatile hence bigger gain (and loss - made 1 trading loss).

Bearish divergence. Close for safety.

1 Like

Indexes are green but cloud stocks are generally red.

TQQQ drops sharply from open and then recover! Perhaps, I should be day trading.

Target and Lowes both killed it. The consumer is alive and well. Itā€™s just their preferences for where to spend money changed. This probably accelerated 10 years of change into a few months and made distinct retail winners and losers.

2 Likes

See how right you are, make it a practice, you win !

1 Like

Warren Buffettā€™s favorite stock market indicator reaches internet bubble extreme

After incorporating this indicator in your system, what is your system saying now?

According to my EW interpretation, UPRO has peaked while TQQQ might have some steam left.

1 Like

Like WB said and EW says, at high 10000 feet level, market may be appx at peak, but I will not know when it is turning down. It is endless learning curve.