Today Market

Good time continues to roll.

@Jil

To newton or not newton?

1 Like

Let it continue, no FOMO - cash only for now! Normally, these kind of extremes, I feel better to stay away.

2 Likes

Now we have done what Newton did - jump out early and miss the big gains. How to resist not doing the 2nd part? The sea of green is enticing :dizzy_face: TQQQ $155!

My no DD blindly follow Jim Cramer hodl portfolio is up +6%, yes 6%, Jim is cool.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.57.58 AM Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.57.53 AM Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.58.09 AM

Do we know, ahead, TQQQ will reach $155? Do we know now whether it will reach $160 this week?

What would you do if it hits $160 this week and $180 next week? Newton or not?

This is the time, I watch TV, not market…

1 Like

BIGC went from 75$ yesterday to 149$ today on news of integration with Facebook. Don’t know what to make of this.

https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/BIGC

IMO, may be good time to short it! Personally, I stay away…

Sales force CRM was added to index while XOM (Exxon) are removed. what does it tell you. if large industrial firms cannot have money to do R&D and train people.
Expect trade deficits to go higher and higher.

:rofl:

I scared to post here - my findings - as some of them may follow and get into trouble (loss). Market makers strike it when no one expects the crash ! Since Aug 17th onwards, slowly Market started high heat (based on my program).

My market heat map ranked 99.23% chances for market fall, this is very rare catch for me. I noticed these days Jan 26, 2018, Aug 29, 2018 , Jan 17, 2020, Jun 6, 2020 , and took all to cash (including now).

I have never failed to catch the point (potential peak) since Dec 2017 (when I started writing that programs) and stay in cash, play cool…

Here is my posting in reddit where I am trying to see any others have similar experience
https://www.reddit.com/r/algotrading/comments/ihd9ir/market_heat_map_and_the_expected_results_any_one/

It may very likely as I do not know what will be the bottom (and when) until I get it too close to that day. I am only guessing (from my own chart/analysis) that market may go down, but we can not 100% guarantee the future.

Second, market will go down above Mar bottom, recover and then go down again in 4 or 5 cycles (may be 18-30 months) to reach below mar bottom. It does not go down straight, but in cycles.

BTW: I may be right or wrong, viewers please do not take any action based on this posting.

All I can say is I that have put spreads on BIGC and BLNK. I cashed out my CVNA spreads for 100% profit.

Why go into all cash then?

False alarm or for real this time (i.e. start of a multi-month decline)?

My main idea is that I may not gain, but I do not want to make loss. Eventually wants to win over S&P system.

All I see is very likely that I can buy a deal (lower price) soon. I use 3x (UPRO/TQQQ) to compensate the gains I am not making.

Universal truth No one can predict the future properly…except high level.

Like EW, I follow my own system, it may be false alarm or real which I do not know, but for me, it is the best system that I can depend on rather than listening all media analysts.

2 Likes

@Jil and Corporate America is getting more worried even as stocks soar so @manch feels contrarian: buy, buy, buy. PM, all greens,

Above 5% stocks PM,
ZM - didn’t buy because of Trump
DOCU - didn’t buy because is @manch favorite
CRWD - foolishly sold for a puny profit. own ZS :slight_smile:

Update:
Market open. Market not happy with TSLA dilution.

Hmmmmm, let me see by end of day today!

TQQQ refuses to peak. Now my SQQQ is fairly red.

Okay,as usual I surrender, concede my defeat on my prediction…Enjoy the bull run…Good Luck !

Gave up…Last the battle !

BTW: This is for my discussion purpose, but not a stock advice, neither financial advice, Anything you do on stock market, you are on your own.

In a wide-ranging address to parliament, Lee said “in the fog of war, it is not possible always to make the perfect decisions”.

“Yet we have to decide and move. We cannot afford to wait. The key is to watch things closely, learn from experience, and adapt our responses promptly as new information emerges and the situation changes,” he said.

PM Lee makes a good trader :joy_cat:

Concede too early? Today may be the day of the start of your 20% decline.