Today Market

Clash of giants?

Warren does need anymore money. He wants to give it all away.

I donā€™t get why this is such a big deal.
Any place interesting enough for me to spend some time likely has dengue and malaria.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-led-pullback-provides-good-123012375.html

Not as lethal as SARS the article said - and SARS didnā€™t even kill 1000 people. I always wonder why folks take this stuff so seriously.

1 Like

Bad news sells.

This is starting to feel like a blowoff top where almost all news is interpreted as bullish. The investor sentiment among millionaires did a complete 180 in Q4 vs Q3. Granted, a blowoff top can last months and produce some of the best gains.

1 Like

For a slow trader like me, has moved off margin and started building cash.

Have we started calling top? Do we have a stock making parabolic rise?

Did not know you have become a trash guy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/AD4A139E-3C5B-11EA-8546-AE7704BAC86F

ā€¦at Davos back in 2018, the honcho famously said investors were going to ā€œfeel pretty stupidā€ if they were holding cash as stocks climbed toward records. Markets tumbled soon thereafter on the back of increasing worries about Sino-American trade tensionsā€¦

Waiting for the inevitable tumble his comment would lead to.

ā€¦but they later recovered.

Then BTFD.

This time, the investor, who is worth $18.7 billion, according to Forbes, says that heā€™s advocated that investors maintain a diversified portfolio of stocks.

My stock portfolio was never diversified :scream:

I have WM and RSG. So does Bill Gates.

The Wuhan virus is definitely getting worse. Could be a black swan. Things are looking pretty grim in China. They just quarantined the entire city of Wuhan. Thatā€™s a city of 12m people! Nobody can go into or get out of Wuhan.

:scream: :scream: :scream:

There will be central bank action or some kind of stimulus if things get worse.

On a human level, I donā€™t know.

Wrath of batman. So much for bat sashimi.

Someone posted a bat soup on twitter. That bat was just like sitting in the bowl taking a bath. :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

Someone asked me if the bat soup is an herbal medicine. Wait until you see the main course:

(Parental guidance required; kids donā€™t eat this ever)

Ban meat!! Everyone just eat Beyond Meat from now on!!!

:scream: :scream: :scream:

1 Like

Oxymoron.

Quarantine area is widened. But itā€™s already too late. Government tried to hide the cases at the beginning and even arrested the people who reported seeing a huge spike of pneumonia in local hospitals. Now the virus has travelled to every corner of China.

Reminded me of Chernobyl.