We Are in Bear Market

What are you smokin? Why do I care if the seller gets a Christmas present or not? What about mine?

2 Likes

When you send the seller a present, you’ll get
yours in return. That’s how you should approach this.

Yes. But its not Netflix. Thats all I can tell you…:smile:

We did that too - after thanksgiving and before new years is the best time for bargain if you can find one you like. :slight_smile:

Black Monday. :scream:

Black means green?
25%20PM

Dow drops, led by Boeing, in 600-point decline from the highs of the day - CNBC

Stocks gave up all of their sharp gains from earlier on Monday as the possibility of more U.S.-China tariffs, coupled with a decline in tech shares, offset strong gains from banks.

Hopefully voters noticed.

“The steel stocks have been slaughtered since the tariffs went into effect,” CNBC’s Jim Cramer, the exuberant host of Mad Money , said on his show last week. Kramer actually apologized to his viewers for having recommended Nucor stock several months ago—assuming, as many observers did, that the tariffs would protect American steelmakers from competition and allow them to earn more. That hasn’t happened because of the tariffs’ unintended consequences, Kramer concluded.

Who knew tax cuts is so expensive? Well this one everybody knew except the GOP.

Another “unintended consequence” of trade war? Firms are about as likely to cancel investment and move out of US as of China.

Very dramatic slowdown ahead it seems.

Initial forecast: 2.6 percent — October 29, 2018

The initial GDPNow model estimate for real GDP growth (seasonally adjusted annual rate) in the fourth quarter of 2018 is 2.6 percent on October 29. The advance estimate of third-quarter real GDP growth released by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis on October 26 was 3.5 percent, 0.1 percentage point below the final GDPNow model nowcast released the previous day.

GDPNow - Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta

The Q3 forecast consensus was 3.3% and actual was 3.5%.

Actually confirms the plan…

I am not sure how many Americans are down for an all out economic war with China. It’s one thing to improve US economy and get jobs back. But when the evidence is looking right at your face tariffs are not doing any such thing opposition will grow. In fact poll after poll shows support for trade war is waning. It’s one of the main issues Dems running in farm country are hammering on.

Come on. A couple tariffs are a far cry from an “all out economic war”. Why sensationalize the whole situation. Meanwhile, how’s your Amzn and Fb doing?

1 Like

Economy slowdown is real. GDP slowdown is for sure. Stock market turmoil has its fundamental support.

Sky is not falling. I think Fed might correct its mistake of aggressive tightening. Hope no more rate increase in 2019

Mortgage rate may increase another half point next year. Won’t kill the national market, but may have already killed high cost markets such as SFBA

We think today’s 3.1% yield on the 10-year Treasury note will edge up to 3.2% by year-end and to 3.6% by the end of 2019. The bank prime rate that auto loans and home equity loans are based on will bump up from 5.25% to 6.25% heading into 2020. The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is likely to go up to 5.3%, and the 15-year fixed-rate mortgage should rise to 4.7%.”

Not Apple.
Not Google.
Not FB.

Working in an AMZN branch in SV?

Have you sold any stocks? Are you going to hold forever?

Is already killing it. High mortgage rate together with tariff war, and anti-immigration policies are impacting decisions of tech professionals especially Indians to buy.