We Are in Bear Market

USA is the self appointed emperor of the Earth and has the largest military force bigger than all other nations’ military forces combined. With USA, you prosper, against USA, you perish. Whatever USA says is the law, all other views are wrong.

2 Likes

Law of the jungle. The biggest gorilla rules the land.

Read the wsj entire document I shared. US won’t interfere if they are not misusing US technology or patent.

In short, sending US technological equipment to Iran will directly go to its military purpose.

Even Xi comes to rescue, he has to assure China will protect US intellectual and technological property rights.

This is the important agenda Trump asked Xi’s help during G20 submit and he agreed to help

Your question is correct.

If Huawei sends it’s own technology or its designed technology, they do not need to obey US Iran sanctions.

In this case, Huawei has taken US technology and signed legally that they obey US law and rules, but secretly sold the materials+technology to Skycam (only shareholder was Huawei) hongkong, which in-turn dispatched to iran"

Read the entire WSJ thread, court details are published.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Jil,

Read the situation beyond the obvious :grinning:
For example, timing of the arrest, is Trump aware of the impending arrest, …
Think about the implication of whatever answers to above issues.

Meng was arrested the exact same day of Xi-Trump summit. National security advisor John Bolton knew about the arrest and he was sitting at the same table with Xi and Trump.

Keep talking about law enforcement is pretty naive. This is international diplomacy. Of course the US has a choice to arrest or not arrest, and the timing of the whole thing.

Let’s say you are negotiating with some terrorist org and the leader is sitting right across the table. Do you suddenly go “enforce the law” and arrest that guy? How will it affect your negotiation?

The world is not black and white, and it’s not as American centric as many people here assume. What goes around will come around one day.

This thing is blowing up.

I read that Mrs. Meng has couple mansions in Vancouver and is living the good life there with her family. Sending her son to an elite school. She needs to pay her due. Can’t have it both ways.

The Chinese will cut back on sending their kids and buying houses here. Good news if you are buyer.

Some people made the mistake that Canada is different from America. It’s a part of America :grin:

Canada has an anti-Chinese sentiments going on. Don’t buy RE there if you’re a Chinese.

I thought Americans have an anti-Chinese sentiment.

That sentiment has been there for centuries :slight_smile: Remember the Chinese Exclusion Act? Although is removed but please don’t go to Mid West or Southern States :slight_smile: Stay in the coastal states especially those that have tech presence. Elsewhere better pray you look pale and white.

So why are you buying RE in Texas? Your tenants might refuse to pay rent one day because you are Chinese.

Texas? Austin only!!! And only in certain zip codes!!! I know where it is safe to buy. Exurbs are no-no. Certain zip codes are also not good, I will tell you more during next meetup.

Mrs. Meng is now a jailbird… She will spend the weekend in jail due to bail not working… I bet that jail looks nothing like her mansion in Vancouver… :rofl:

One possibility is that Beijing would bring similar legal cases against Western executives working in China. The range of such potential cases is broad. Chinese law, for example, prohibits arms deals with Taiwan, so Chinese authorities could conceivably go after Western executives working with Taipei.

Just some law enforcements. After all everybody needs to follow laws.

1 Like

Tit for tat is a lousy way to settle dispute. Only escalate and complicate the issue. Just focus on Meng.

1 Like

Such things are happening regularly.

I do not really suspect about timing, it may be coincidence her travel and G20 time.

Few months before JD CEO was arrested

Few years before

Chinese see conspiracy everywhere.

As of comparison between Huawei and Apple ask any telecom professional and they will tell you how Huawei was backed 100% by Chinese government and owe much of their success to Chinese government. But carry on!

2 Likes