We Are in Bear Market

Jeez #45 looks like a toddler having a tantrum and Pence is looking like he wants to slink out of the room

1 Like

Not quite accurate. Americans have always thought they are superior and all other races/ cultures/ way of life is inferior. They felt the native Americans are inferior, they took their lands. They felt that Mexicans are inferior, they grab California and Texas. They felt the Blacks are inferior, they enslaved them. They think their governance system is the best, they interfere and force the good democracy unto these nations. They think their concept of nuclear family, brand of Christianity, patent system, … are the best and force others to adopt. Essentially want to Americanize the world.

2 Likes

That’s the most grandiose version of manifest destiny I’ve ever heard… :rofl:

Looks like Chinese see countries in black and white too. American poodle or not.

But blame America for doing that…

Japan is an American poodle and has done so poorly. North Korea is an ally and is doing so well with Chinese friendship. Tibet, Xinjiang are getting so much love. American need to do such friendships and spread such love. Stop making poodles around the world America.

I don’t think China has learned sufficiently from America. Why are all those Tibetans and Uyghurs still alive and protesting? I haven’t seen many Native Americans protesting these days… most of them probably got exterminated centuries ago.

China has learned sufficiently. Its reflected in how they have brainwashed the Chinese. You can see that in Chinese defending all the HR violations done by China through Whataboutery.

We are enslaving Millions but look US enslaved thousands too…what if its 400 years apart. Its the US who should be ashamed. Not China.

add after sometime
we are taking millions out of poverty in China, we are helping poor nations through BRI…

One day I want to compile some comments from Chinese posters here. Politburo and the committee would be really proud to see them.

1 Like

Good to know that China has learned sufficiently. Welcome to the demise of Tibetans and Uyghurs and the rise of the world’s next superpower built upon the suffering of others, just like its predecessor :slight_smile:

with just a minor difference of 400 years and an additional minor footnote that says “US didnt do that for becoming a superpower”

Beside that its a classic case of hypocrisy…for which of course Chinese cant be blamed because (repeat)

• China is getting millions out of poverty
  • China is helping poor nations through BRI

Chinese central committee must reward the educators.

The classic case of hypocrisy is where some Westerners accusing the Chinese while they are enjoying the benefits from the exact same kind of cruelty. If you are already a beneficiary then don’t try trashing others for doing the same; that’s the exact definition of being a hyprocrite.

400 years make no difference…

Blood in hands right now vs something that was done 400 years ago are the same? Only because the world owe you a superpower status…that’s real primitive but carry on…

1 Like

The Chinese Communist Party has been spectacularly effective at convincing its citizens that criticism of the government and its policies is the equivalent of criticizing the Chinese race and an affront to the humiliation that China saw at the hands of the West for hundreds of years.

The CCP is exceedingly shrewd. They know that this humiliation is a sore point. And they use it to maximum effect.

2 Likes

Why keep saying 400 years when you should know it’s not true? Americans should know their own history better.

Both US and China are not Snow White. I got turned off by Americans pretending they are angels. Nope, sorry. China today is not angel either.

Go read some cold war history and learn how CIA popped up countless bloodthirsty regimes all over the world.

Agree, no one is snow white.

You know when you watch old episodes of the COPS television show? And have you ever watched those domestic disturbance disputes? They always unfold the same way. The husband is just beating on the wife, that poor woman … so the cops are called and they come to rescue the wife.

However, once the cops arrive, the poor wife then starts beating on the cops, and she refuses the press charges against her wife beater husband — because that trash husband is “her man.”

Chinese Government = Husband
Chinese Citizens = Poor Wife
Cops = Westerners

1 Like

I am not the one who started the comparison. So dont blame me please. I didnt said we do nothing bad. I just want to show the hypocrisy when you say that its bad but uphold and justify the same for China, in the same sentence.

If you cant see that hypocrisy I cant help. No one can.

And then statements like no one is snow white is made to justify what China is doing today . Wonderful.

China today is not an angel but they have a right to do this. This is sad.

Nope. Not to justify what China does. What China does to the Uighurs is wrong, just like what the US does to the blacks is wrong.

But what I recognize is that, each country has its own trajectory. Even today US is not a fully democratic society. We have a president today who won less votes than his opponent. We need to take history and each country’s development journey into perspective.

If you compare China with US, China today is comparable to US of the late 1800s. Yeah, I wish China has more political and speech freedom, and I don’t like Xi precisely because he rolled back some of the gains in civil liberty. But as an ethnic Chinese myself, I am happy to see the economic progress it has made.

1 Like

Yeah right, “independent judiciary”, “we have to enforce our laws”. :rofl:

When asked if he would intervene with the Justice Department in her case, Trump said in an interview with Reuters: “Whatever’s good for this country, I would do.”

“If I think it’s good for what will be certainly the largest trade deal ever made – which is a very important thing – what’s good for national security – I would certainly intervene if I thought it was necessary,” Trump said.

Once Trump has a personal stake in a deal, he will desperately want to see it through. Notice now it will be the LARGEST trade deal ever made.

A Canadian who has close ties to North Korea has been arrested in China. Seems that China and Canada will work together to resolve the Huawei CFO problem. This would avoid direct confrontation between US and China. Probably stock market will be saved.

It’s possible that he is a spy on China and North Korea. But I guess it’s common to have many such spies from each big country. Many spies also make good contributions to international relations and they are peace makers.

If he works for US but is a Canadian citizen, US may participate in the negotiation as well.