We Are in Bear Market

News/Media will get this sensational topic and assign that to any market fall !

Nice one, this will be hot topic for tomorrow !

Nice Market watch picture [edited] !

Market_watch_1

I think everyone should read Gen Mattis resignation letter. It’s a pretty calm and level headed rebuke of Trump and the administration - laying out Mattis’ protest of Trump’s treatment of our allies and his alignment with authoritarian states. Gen Mattis is probably the last adult left in the current administration and with his leaving, the chaos and abrupt policy changes will accelerate which is not a recipe for a smoothly running economy.

4 Likes

:+1:

:+1:

Good conceptualization. Thought is always camp 2 :slight_smile:

Not if you do the math. The biggest issue is an 8% increase in spending. The bulk of which is mandatory.

Another MAGA week. I am so tired of winning. Please make it stop.

Nasdaq officially in bear market.

2 Likes

This drop never stops until Feb-Mar 2019, and continues to be in low prices until Mar 2020

Keep it up!! MAGA.

Stocks Have Worst Week Since 2011 Amid D.C. Chaos: Markets Wrap

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-20/asian-stocks-face-mixed-start-after-u-s-slide-markets-wrap

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

So the “Curse of 8” continues:

1998: Asian financial meltdown
2008: Global financial meltdown
2018: Trump meltdown

I can’t wait for the year to be over… :sob:

2 Likes

:rofl:

I’m 5% from forced liquidation. Fml

2 Likes

What’s the proportion of this portfolio relative to your net worth?

Excess margin results in forced liquidation, try to come out Margin part before stock gets into deeper recession.
Guessing, Next week will be blood bath that will make everyone to speechless, esp FAANGs.

Assume, we are entering year 2008.

Is there a bottom?! Maybe stock valuation is too high so this fall is justified

Yes, of course there’s a bottom, and we are closer to it than a month ago. :smile:

No, we are not entering 2008.

2 Likes

A recession is widespread economic decline that lasts for at least six months.

Index must reach bottom first bottom by around Feb-Mar 2019, then last bottom in Oct 2019. Minimum 3 Dips are common.

By around Oct 2019 they declare officially we are in recession.