What other income stream other than RealEstate & Stock?

They can work for free for me and learn how to flip houses… will look good on college resume

1 Like

You need to create a non-profit with a catchy name that looks good on their resume.

I got it.

Habitat for Humanity.

1 Like

Here is my role model
His shows are hilarious. The Trump of flipping

1 Like

I know but we are talking about income streams outside of RE and stocks. Laundromats don’t require as much active management compared to operating say an ice cream shop or an arts and crafts store.

Real estate return is much lower. As is the laundromat has a cap rate of about 20%. No rentals will give you 20% cap rate.

Catch? Can’t buy the store, must pay rent and when rent keeps increasing?

Be the mcdonalds of laundromats. Franchise it, but make the store owner lease the land from you.

Did you increase rent for your tenants this year?

Austin
1 renewed for 3 years, annual increment $50.
1 renewed for 1 year, increment $20.
Other not expiry yet.

You increased rent by $20 instead of $200. Why?

You can?
Btw, property tax of that house increased by $15.

I can’t. And the laundromat’s landlord probably can’t either.

Commercial property landlord should be able to ramp up rental. Hard for you to just quit because of the equipment. Actually I think the machines are rented.

Why? Turnover of commercial is much slower than residential. If landlord forces out the laundromat he may have to let the space sit empty for months.

Landlord didn’t force laundromat, just cook the operator like a frog.

My friend use to run a bakery in Singapore, the franchisor slowly cook him.

https://www.zillow.com/austin-tx/home-values/
https://www.zillow.com/houston-tx/home-values/

if this is true, top-tier austin, houston market seems slowing down, while mid-bottom tiers are pretty hot still.
didn’t look accurate.

If that’s the case the steady state should be all store fronts are empty? How come there are shops at all?

Too lazy to continue conversation… think through yourself. Need to check the actual numbers to confirm what was said is accurate.

Commercial landlording is a racket. I’m amazed at what the tenant is responsible for. It’s completely different than residential. The price of construction and repairs are insane too. Commercial is way more se Soto even to economic cycles though. Lots of businesses fail in a recession. People still need a place to live.