What will it take to reduce Bay Area housing costs?

What about Oakley? This that not a “shit hole” or “borderline shit hole”?

Oakley has some better areas… Even Antioch has good areas…waypoint made big money in Antioch…bought houses for $150k now worth $400k

Yes I was specifically talking about Pleasanton not being affordable.

1 Like

Antioch price is now in the 400k. So maybe even that is not “affordable” if you compare to national standards.

I can’t find any deals even Stockton which besides Fresno is the king of shitholes…Looking for higher end stuff near Placerville…El Dorado Hills prices are skyrocketing. Sold my Discovery Bay house on a lease option…Prices finally going up there too…

PA and LA are still white dominant neighborhoods. An asian friend of mine was saying this about monta loma, when she graduated, it was half asian, now it’s higher. Once PA becomes similar, it might lose its charm, realistically.

maybe not, cupertino is still very desirable.

2 types of Asians:

1. fancy Asians: retains neighborhood value same as whites

2. jungle Asians: shares neighborhoods with Hispanics and blacks.

Back on topic…

If FB, median wage is 240k, it’s very well true places within 5 mile radius of FB will go up.

Buy EPA?

1 Like

No kids people sure…

Usually what I notice is that once an area becomes too Asian, they will start looking at other white dominated areas. Then the prices for these new areas will increase significantly because the school scores will increase as well as new demand. Once the Asian population saturates, the price appreciation will slow. I see this trend with Cupertino. Many Asians (specifically Chinese) are looking at other areas such as PA, LA, Saratoga.

1 Like

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. Asians will start taking higher percent of population over time, and appreciation will slow.

i am not making any assumptions about either.

I somewhat remember a friend saying buying in palo alto (he was indian) was like a pride because it’s mostly white. Not sure if it was a general sentiment, or his personal opinion.

1 Like

There are many Caucasians living in the flyover states. I suggest he moves over there.

3 Likes

palo alto is known worldwide :slight_smile: i guess, so does idaho.

You emulate the best, not the mediocre.

Housing prices are going up fast in Seattle+adjoining areas though.

I don’t think(haven’t researched), the difference in prices in % has increased. Probably similar @marcus335 to earlier ?

Then @tomato’s friend should say he wants to reach elite status and not because he wants to live with White people.

1 Like

That’s the “pride” part i assume.