What will it take to reduce Bay Area housing costs?

White is synonymous with elite in America. I thought you already knew.

I believe this is a global branding thing. It’s kind of sad.

“Most elites are white” certainly doesn’t imply “most whites are elite”.

Anyway stay a bit farther away from race please. :pray:

1 Like

Why me? I wasn’t the one who started this topic… :rofl:

For smart people there are only 1 kind of division.

1. Rich and powerful.
  2. The rest

#1 makes sure #2 gets caught up in this kind of divisions. For e.g. Mr Trump’s daughter converted to judaism for marriage

Dood you are evil!! :smile:

? How so? :thinking:

I’m trying to stay on topic…

This topic is a sham like I said. @manch made it sound like exclusivity is bad and BA going down the drain. May I remind you that you also own half your properties in the BA too, Mr. Manch. So Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and sell those properties.

Seattle is increasing at 10%+ a year. There is a lot of new construction, but it’s mostly high-rise apartments. There are new SFH if you go further out.

1 Like

Yepp, commutable newly built SFH’s are a rarity in current big job centers. Future commutable new construction mostly townhomes, condos and Apartments, like it is in Europe or Japan(highly dense populations & countries that have had a much longer history than USA)

1 Like

Short to medium term high house prices are good for us homeowners. I just worry it will be too much of a good thing and we risk killing the goose long term.

2 Likes

I mean didnt this already happen eith baby boomers?

Rent is like tax. High rent is high tax. All things being equal that’s bad for business. But of course things aren’t equal, and that’s the heart of @wuqijun’s argument.

Thus is all you get for $300k in the BA.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/638-Indiana-St-Vallejo-CA-94590/15657179_zpid/?utm_content=tid-b5f28ed1-ccef-43cd-bdda-e62df57855c8&utm_campaign=zpd_fb_rtg_shdw_CA_14D&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social-paid

In one of the highest crime areas in the country.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/vallejo/crime

Out of curiosity I went to the neighborhoodscout website and looked up crime in Oakland. The index is 1 (6 in the Vallejo link above, and safest is 100). Wow.

2 Likes

Actually if you type in San Francisco, the crime index is 3. So should buy in Vallejo with both hands!!!

3 Likes

SF is way less safe than people think. I think people only think of the rich areas, since they don’t go into the high crime areas. SJ is much safer than SF.

5 Likes

A group of my friends were in SF for a visit. Rented a wagon. The day of return decided to visit Crooked street/lombard area and had their luggage in the wagon. They parked and went out for a photo for 5 minutes. Returned and found their Wagon glass broken all luggages gone. Terrible experience.

From what I hear these kind of incidents have been happening for a while in SF. It’s hard to believe that after such a long time the police are not aware which gangs are perpetrating these kinds of activities.

1 Like

Not the city’s fault! They should’ve hired a tour guide to look after their stuff. You get what you paid for… :rofl: