Why Trump won

Until the mass passes rent control laws.

2 Likes

Single payer isn’t the issue with healthcare. It’s our horrible health. Over 80% of cost is on chronic conditions. Over 50% of those cases are preventable through lifestyle changes. Our high rate of chronic disease leads to the US consuming ~80% of prescription drugs in the world. If people are healthier, we could easily eliminate over 40% of healthcare spending. Plus, people would have higher quality of life without chronic conditions. The problem is no one gets rich off that solution, so the everyone in power or buying power is completely against the idea. Consumers don’t care much, since the costs of all this are largely hidden from them. Most people have employer healthcare or medicare/medicaid. Their cost of premiums is the same regardless of their lifestyle choices and health.

If you want to see how it works without healthcare, look at elective procedures. How much does Lasik cost vs 10 years ago or 20 years go? How much better is it today? How much is plastic surgery vs 10 or 20 years ago? Stem cell is far cheaper and less invasive than even a few years ago. I got it done out patient for $7,800 in the doctors office. It used to be tens of thousands and require a hospital stay. There’s a reason elective procedures stay cost neutral or decrease in price while improving the outcomes.

1 Like

So avoid multi-family and focus on SFHs.

If AB1506 is passed, SFH could also be under rent control.

2 Likes

In California only, no issue.

This is a great article which attempts to give a bit of perspective regarding the motivations behind the trump voters (yes, I know “cracked” isn’t known for pulitzer level writing…trust me, it is worth a read)

One great point is that for some reason it is seen as socially acceptable to deride and look down upon the poor rural whites. I see that quite a bit here in the bay area. The general view is that everyone from the interior is an uneducated racist redneck. I mean, they are clearly idiots, right? Why would they waste their time doing things like producing food, when they could instead pull themselves up by their boot straps and work for an advertising company like Google or Facebook!

“all the ravages of poverty, but none of the sympathy. “Blacks burn police cars, and those liberal elites say it’s not their fault because they’re poor. My son gets jailed and fired over a baggie of meth, and those same elites make jokes about his missing teeth!” You’re everyone’s punching bag, one of society’s last remaining safe comedy targets.”

"The rural folk with the Trump signs in their yards say their way of life is dying, and you smirk and say what they really mean is that blacks and gays are finally getting equal rights and they hate it. But I’m telling you, they say their way of life is dying because their way of life is dying. "

1 Like

Trump gave a great speech…But the best part was how poorly the Democrats reacted…Sore loosers. …Lets see if they want to get anything done or will just retrench and hold on for four years…Congressional inaction seems to have become institutionalized

Go watch the Dems riot in Oakland and Chicago…and not add one seat in 2018

He deserved to be booed. A “Victims Of Immigrant Crime Engagement" unit. That is some Nazi shit. It’s not ok. Wasting limited resources on problems that aren’t problems and riling up Americans against immigrants who are as or more law abiding than those born here is morally wrong.

2 Likes

The answer is “more”. Immigrants as a group are MORE law abiding than native born:

I thought Trump had a change of heart when he floated the amnesty idea earlier today. Turns out he just forgot to check in with Bannon.

1 Like

Helping crime victims is not anti immigrant. .I heard him say he wanted to increase merit immigration. …That means more H1Bs…I think the Democrats have no interest in compromise. .which means no immigration reform…Trump was offering to compromise. .There will be no resolution without compromising. …Immigration reform has been resisted for the last two administrations…It is time something is done…Compromise means neither side will be fully satisfied. .My point was the Democrats have their stongholds where everyone agrees with them…Like SF…But if they want to win again they will have to reach out to Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida and all the other swing districts. .If the Democrats can’t win at least 25 seats in the swing areas they will loose again in 2018…Until then they can work with Trump or protest in the streets…

2 Likes

Crime victims are not denied help today. But highlighting one group of crime out of context just riles up people. It’s like speaking out whenever the aggressors are Muslim or foreign looking, but stone silence the other way around like that Indian engineer in Kansas.

People are like sheep. They follow their leader. And unfortunately Trump is the leader for millions of people. There are bomb threats against Jewish schools and day care centers everyday now and Trump said the Jews were to blame. Racial tension is already boiling and Trump is putting gas on it.

3 Likes

You had to go to her website to find it. In a nutshell it was a massive increase in bureaucracy and in the complexity of the tax code.

1 Like

In the Senate the Dems have far more seats to defend in 2018 than the Reps do. They may well lose their ability to filibuster after the midterms. Then it’s game on.

[quote=“manch, post:78, topic:1764, full:true”

While he’s at it, maybe he can pass single payer health care too?
[/quote]
Housing is an even more basic need than healthcare. So first, we need to federalize all real estate so we get the middlemen out of it. Same with food, which is also a more basic need than healthcare. Then clothing. Healthcare will be a distant third.

Hillarys platform. .https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

Maybe she should have picked only a few and hammered them home…Trump was clear and is going forward with his promises. …Too bad many voters didn’t listen to him…on both sides…Afterall the media convinced almost everyone he would loose…

It’s amusing to apply the liberal argument about illegals to guns and watch their head explode.

1 Like

I call you on this one as a bullsheet. Are you learning from your master, dear comrade?
Bring any speech where he said what you just said. I will be waiting!

Like…allowing crazy people to buy guns? OK…

Trump said that many jobs are coming…and he mentioned some names, among them…Walmart!

That Walmart using the state resources for their employees?

Oh, wait! Didn’t we hear Walmart is closing many stores? :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue: