Why Trump won

In fact, I like him for his openness and straight talk to people, and esp lashing out News/Media for skewed reports. He is sincere in his approach.

I did not believe him during campaign period as he was setting a big goal for himself. The tasks are not easy esp with divided republicans and completely off Democrats. He needs to at least unite republican party first.

As he says, jobs are gone out of country for the last 30 years. If he brings back jobs to USA and lessen the corporate tax (in line with worldwide average corp tax rate), that itself a major success.

Let us wait and see.

He was fairly impressive I hear last night. Even some stanch opposing reporters had to give it up to The Donald for once. Making he is finally getting accustomed to the job…

Let’s see how the world reacts to Muslim Ban 2.0 tomorrow…

1 Like

He is personally disgusting…He always has been an egotistical, arrogant narcissistic bragger…But if he can accomplish even a few of his better ideas I might change my mind…

1 Like

Look at how he responds, I like his way…frank and direct.

Oh come on @Elt1, get out of that hot tub of yours and head to this event…instead of looting, bring your dollars and throw them INTO the businesses and AT people…

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Trump-supporters-planning-to-take-to-the-streets-10969282.php

At least I watched the speech…Probably his best…Didn’t brag or complain much…And had some good ideas…

1 Like

You liked this? I think it is misogynist to treat a female reporter as his personal administrative assistant. Her job is to report not to schedule meetings. I seriously doubt he would have asked the same of a male.

2 Likes

I really do not think he replied like this by gender or misogynist way. He is harsh with many media person irrespective of gender.

Trump is abusive to everyone…I wouldn’t take his rudeness personally. .It is just the way he rolls…

1 Like

[quote=“MM_HH, post:118, topic:1764”]
He goes against American ideals - free press, separation of church and state, democracy.
[/quote]Diversity of people, dreams and ideas

2 Likes

If he is rude to everyone, at least there is no discrimination.

He is not the worst nor the best, it’s somewhere in between. If everyone in the forum becomes a president, not sure how many will be better or worse than him. Not evil, not a saint. Just a guy

I am not sure what is worst…his diarrhea of the mouth or the violence of his opponents.
No wonder Trump supporters lied to pollsters
Being a supporter can be dangerous

Let’s be clear on this issue for once.

I am against this person for the hatred he created, brought, and supported by his silence on things that matter to be denounced on time. Jewish cemeteries being vandalized, no word from him, but enough time to wake up at 4-5 AM to berate Washington Post or CNN.

You can accuse him of telling like it is, but you, as a conservative person never gave Obama the same opportunity. Instead, you went to the “he meant, he tried to say this or that”.

He said to a reporter: I don’t regret to have said “punch him in the face”. And that tells you he is the one who started the division in this country with his own words, not as they accused Obama of “he meant it” but his own words. A despicable human being, that is supported and followed by many despicable human beings. Period!

He needs to come up clean with the Russian deal, period!

And, come on people! Don’t be ignorant by not telling him to shut up! He is accusing Obama of bugging his hotel. Really? He is by that mean, perhaps, speaking of classified information! What’s going to be next time? Scalding a foreign president and putting all his information on Twitter? Hello!

He needs to be on top of national disasters, have some knowledge on issues where the president is a leader, not a divider nor a person who starts any discussion with "I am the greatest, I did, me, me, me!, look at the 20,000 people showing at my latest support rallies (but they were only 20), etc. "

He needs to understand that a free press, no matter what their ideology are the bases for our democracy. Otherwise, he can’t measure an inch of the height of Obama, whom the “media” treated like some sort of ISIS operative, the typical communist, and so on, but he never went into calling them “the enemy”. Can you imagine Obama calling Foxnews or Infowars, Sean Hannity, Rush druglimbaugh, and so, specifically calling them their enemies by their names? Impeachment would have been in place at that time, no doubt about it.

He needs to stop profiting from his position. That wife of his living separately, in a building of his, it’s an insult for the taxpayer whom are tired of being charged for services rendered to a billionaire. He should be putting that money from his own pocket or make her move to the white house if he really loves America. Period!

And he needs, no, his hypocrite supporters need to tell him to put his words where his mouth is and stop golfing. A liar is a liar, and this guy is the king of the bunch. He is just about to beat Obama…in only one year of trips to golfing…for what Obama spent in his entire administration!

Every weekend staying at his own hotel, away from the white house, showing signs of being tired, hello Hillary low energy!.. while charging the government for that, is an insult to other businesses that should be thriving from his trips.

Meanwhile, they took down Obamacare and replaced it with? Crap!

1 Like

Look on the bright side. At least the stock market kept going up! If it manages to stay way up throughout his reign I would be tempted to call it a success.

You should look at the Clinton’s home and how much the government pays to rent the guest house for secret service. Of course you won’t, since you only care about slandering one person.

IMO, stock going up crazy, without real growth, does not mean good healthy attitude. Stocks benefits investors & business people and definitely not poor people. Stocks make Rich to be richer !

They already removed mandatory clause of medical insurance. This means people need not take insurance if it is not affordable !

This reduces all medical insurance cost only to the people will not take insurance, but not necessarily overall medical insurance !

They are just rewinding what Obama has done, but not necessarily a good replacement.

The law has not been changed yet. .Make take a while for Congress to enact Trumpcare…Meanwhile medical costs keep rising which is the real issue…Health isurance is now $20k per year for many families plus huge deductibles…At the current rate insurance costs are doulbing every ten years…Soon nobody will be able to afford it…

1 Like

Stock market has become unrealistics. agree with jil, there’s really no real growth.
and no more free money QE, super low interest. All it is now is trump rally.
I need to start planning a backup plan in case economy goes the other way.
maybe senseamp is right =)

Senseamp is like a broken clock…Will be right for a minute someday…But he was wrong in his June prediction…in fact ridiculously wrong on both stocks and RE…Always bet on the US economy long term…

1 Like