Will Facebook Rock Our World Today?

I bought a chunk at 156 or so… (about 3 weeks back or so) for many of the reasons others pointed out above

2 Likes

I wish… :slight_smile:

This didn’t age well. Only 3 days ago.

Gundlach of course is doing alright. People who acted on his advice are not.

1 Like

Still not above $179.
#FBsucks

You had no foresight… :rofl:

What an idiot! I mean, not him but anyone who listened to him… :rofl:

Roundabout way to scold a person?

Who??? I’m not a manipulative person; I have simple straightforward thinking… :rofl:

I’m not from Minnesota. By responding with above statement, the hidden message is I’m a manipulative person. That mean… :star_struck:

??? Who’s from Minnesota?

1 Like

Our fearless leader…

Yoda, sadly only I understand you…

Are you guys ready to die? Amazon earning in a few minutes.

:scream: :scream: :scream: :rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light:

AWS earnings will be interesting especially the growth rate compared to past, and compared to competitors azure and google

1 Like

I’m a little surprise that you are the only one in this forum who understand hidden message of many of my remarks. I can tell from your response. Unfortunately, I’m twice your age and my sons are younger than you. Most importantly, harem is not legal in this part of the world :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately I have no intention of becoming your mistress as I am not into feeding men soft rice…

1 Like

You need to compete with @BAJacket for her heart. At the end of the day, it depends on whether she goes for money or youthfulness…

1 Like

Amazon’s cloud business exceeded analyst estimates, with revenue climbing 49 percent in the first quarter.

Amazon Web Services reported sales on Thursday of $5.44 billion, compared to the $5.26 billion average estimate of analysts surveyed by FactSet. AWS contributed about 11 percent of Amazon’s total revenue for the period, up from 8.5 percent in the prior quarter.

AWS continues to be a big revenue driver and even larger profit engine for its parent company, which dominates the low-margin e-commerce market. In cloud-computing infrastructure, Amazon has a substantial market share lead over Microsoft Azure, Google’s Cloud platform and IBM, as well as other players like Alibaba and Oracle.

While AWS has maintained growth above 40 percent, Microsoft and Google are currently expanding much faster and picking up share. In the first quarter Microsoft’s Azure cloud grew 93 percent.

1 Like

The math says the cloud market is growing at a huge rate if all the big players are growing at 49-93%. I told one of my co-workers that we should all go find someone that works in AWS and buy them a beer.

1 Like

I once interviewed for AWS for a Product Manager position. Didn’t get through because I said the Fire phone will fail! :slight_smile: (Fire phone had just come out then and there were no reviews available yet)

1 Like

I know quite a few people that left Lab 126 after it failed. They were worried about layoffs, but there were never layoffs. Amazon’s style is to redeploy the people on other projects.

1 Like