Will Facebook Rock Our World Today?

Alexa speakers and fire stick probably worked out for those people.

1 Like

Good riddance. Maybe finally WhatsApp can bring in some serious revenue? I have long been mad at the two WA founders. They donā€™t seem to care about actually creating any value for owners like us, while they happily pocketed billions on our back.

1 Like

Yeah, letā€™s please not have anything good in Fb. get rid of founders, weaken encryption.

OTOH, big brother is proudly watching over you

very honest by china government haha

Havenā€™t we been thru this already? Nobody cares about privacy. Itā€™s like broccoli. Everybody says they like it because itā€™s healthy but privately nobody cares.

Do you use gmail? Do you use credit cards? SMS? If people really care they should go hide in a cave. :smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t think the main point of the article is to say that there is a lack of privacy. Itā€™s more about the Chinese government publicly acknowledging that yes, you have no privacy and thereā€™s nothing you can do about it.

Like @dioworld I applaud their honesty. :smile:

You all will regrett eventually, but will be too late.

Should I stop using Gmail now?

Regret is my last nameā€¦ :rofl:

Email is not secure by definition. Even if you secure yourside, recipient doesnā€™t necessarily have to.

Itā€™s actually not OK you keep normalizing this, but whatever. Just respect other peopleā€™s privacy, thatā€™s all we can ask for.

So we should stop using email? SMS is bad too I assume?

sure, just keep doing your thing.

Property right is more important than privacy. As long as you have the constitution, government canā€™t use illegal obtained evidence. If we have a DNA database, it need to be private data and not public. If itā€™s public, it needs to be voluntary and it needs to disclose that your DNA data can be used against you by your government.

Government would need a consent or court search warrant to get your data.

But again, itā€™s very easy to collect your dna sample.

If itā€™s public, it needs to be voluntary and it needs to disclose that your DNA data can be used against you by your government.

Exceptā€¦ It doesnā€™t work when you involve relativeā€™s DNAs. Doesnā€™t need to be sisters/brothers/close relatives, it can be distant. It gets really vague.

Well, you canā€™t control your relatives. They can even sue you

Not the same thing :slight_smile:

Follow the unibomber and hide in a cave. :smile:

Zuckerberg also announced that Facebook is launching a new dating feature that will allow users to find ā€œlong-termā€ relationships via the social network. The app will be accessible through your Facebook profile and pull in your interests, but will otherwise be disconnected from your Facebook account.

Edit: Just saw ā€œMTCHā€ thread. I was late.

1 Like