Will Facebook Rock Our World Today?

1 Like
3 Likes

No one is forced to buy shares. If you don’t like the voting structure, then don’t own the shares. Google has non-voting shares and they’re barely discounted compared to voting shares. CalSTRS should focus on their sub par returns.

2 Likes

Ain’t all companies dictatorships? What does that even mean? I’ll sell all my FB shares if MarkZ lost control.

2 Likes

Don’t do that. Just like it was wrong to sell Apple when Steve Jobs died.

It’s not wrong to sell Apple and buy amazon or Facebook instead.

Did yoy do exactly that?

No, I was naive and stupid.

:scream:

:scream::scream:

Your statement implied almost immediately.
Trying to pull a fast one.
FB IPO on May 18, 2012 :slight_smile:
Your timing and stock picking is that great?
Do you dare to sell everything in one go and immediately buy the other stocks all in?
After accounting for capital gain tax, are return similar?

1 Like

Generally founder led companies have greater returns. No, my timing was not that great. That’s why I am not billionaire (yet).

zimbabwe billionaire.

Your timing will never be great. If you want to be a billionaire investing in stocks at your age, your starting capital needs to be a couple hundred million.

Facebook is banned in China but it still makes billions in China. Bullish!

2 Likes

:scream: :scream:

Posted already?

Should we just pay our property taxes to corporations if cities expect corporations to solve their problems?

“As most of you know, I am not squeamish about development, but I am squeamish about traffic,” a former Menlo Park mayor, Mickie Winkler, said at a City Council meeting this spring. Winkler, who was mayor in 2005, not long after Zuckerberg moved his company from Massachusetts to Palo Alto, wants Facebook to produce “an integrated traffic plan for traffic relief.””

1 Like

Did FB just hit ATH??

3 Likes

And world cup season is coming up in favor for facebook!