Will Seattle really become the next San Francisco?

I’m not surprised. There are quite a few new buildings where I’m at and none are full yet. Free parking seems to be the most common freebie. I’ve seen some offering 4-6 weeks free rent on a 1-year lease.

I have seen a few apartment building in San Jose did that when they were brand new. Need to fill them up as quickly as possible then it stablizes after the initial push.

1 Like

The socliast council member who says housing is too expensive wants to block a housing project.

That’s very SF.

Def sounds like something we would do down here…

1 Like

Seattle can never escape its weather
Lots of rain this week even at the ski resort.

If only there was a way to transport all that excess H2O down to Cali. We need a water pipeline!!!

Yeah, that’ll only cost $200B to build. Cheaper to build desalinization plants.

1 Like

With the way it is going, desalinization plants are in our future down here…

1 Like

LA should worry the most first, if anything. And let’s not forget about Phoenix.

Pipelines are cheaper than that. The country has thousands of oil pipelines. The CA aqueduct cost much less.

1 Like

Worse comes to worst, can transfer water from Great Lakes to CA then… :rofl:

I was shocked at the SF number. It must be office space. There’s no way that much housing is being built.

Cranes dont mean that much…Lowrise buildings in less dense cities dont need cranes.

www.builtinseattle.com

It gives you an idea of how much tech is in Seattle. Some are founded here and others just have offices here. I was honestly surprised at how many tech companies are here.

This video has been making a splash lately:

Even though the video is about Seattle, the same principle can be applied to SF which has exactly the same problem both from the homeless/addicts to how the government handles the situation.

SF is the richest metro in the entire country. It is thriving not dying.

1 Like

Dying is an overstatement, but it’s not the best it can be.

Already better than all the rest of the metros in this country. We are number 1.

1 Like

“ As I noted last month, just 100 homeless people in Seattle were responsible for 3,500 criminal cases. This special references that story. It also asked Seattle police officers to comment anonymously on what was happening and those responses are enlightening. One officer told KOMO, “People come here because it’s called Free-attle and they believe if they come here they will get free food, free medical treatment, free mental health treatment, a free tent, free clothes and will be free of prosecution for just about everything; and they’re right.”

Shocking. Much like giving free stuff to people who have a child out of wedlock resulted in more children born out of wedlock. Which then resulted in massive spending increases without improving results. Imagine if people got paid for passing a drug test or not having a child out of wedlock.

1 Like

Don’t live in Seattle or SF. Move to Austin.