Wow, Lotto Ticket Sold In East San Jose!

Lol exactly. I don’t know about the rest of you but my coworkers and I are having a lot of fun in this, even though we are technically throwing money away for a daydream of becoming bums.

exactly. it’s like going to movie, it’s a fun factor, not more. Noone is betting their retirement on this, though i am sure they’d fire the next day had they happened to hit the jackpot.

1 Like

Actually, the ones who are not buying lotto tickets at work are also very unhappy… :rofl:

1 Like

How many people are in your pool Jane? Our group bought 160+ tickets last Friday and got $12 :expressionless:

buy another 160 this time. how likely it is that 320 tickets does not get the jackpot?!

the answer is very :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t know if everybody from the last round is in this time but for now we are on target for at least 120.

Unbelievable…all you relatively rich people (all or most own RE in the Bay Area, arguably at the top of the food chain) wanting more…so greedy!!!

Ok, I bought a few at the lucky 19th Ave store…

If I win, I buy out San Tung for a night and you all are invited…

1 Like

Owning RE in Bay Area might be viewed as top of food chain to some, but not to the Bay Area RE owners themselves, due to their own greed.

1 Like

G R E E D Y ! ! ! !

Perhaps more importantly than the tax advantages, the annuity provides insurance against yourself. Let’s be honest: If you’re buying lottery tickets, maybe you are not a financial genius. Tying up your money in a stream of 30 large annual installments will help you remain rich AF for the rest of your life, no matter what dumb consumption choices you make this year or next year or seven years from now.

“A billion dollars is hard to blow, but still, some people can blow a lot of money,” says Schrager.

Plus, when every person you’ve ever met in your life starts hitting you up for money, it will be helpful to be able to say your first installment payment was a mere $26 million and you already spent a lot of it.

8 of us.
After reaching lucky number 8, we decided to close the door. :wink:

1 Like

If you were 20 years old, sure, the annuity would make sense but not if you are older. Despite the doom and gloom about folks’ luck changing after winning I am sure most of us would love a crack at it. For example, I believe one year awhile ago an Asian couple that won a good sized lottery wore sunglasses to the photo op so that helped to semi conceal their appearance. Shoot, if not illegal or against lottery policy or condition of winning, I would be wearing a full Donald Trump mask and make my wife wear a Stormy Daniels one. Yes, people may know your name but everything else would be cut off. Current known residents would sold off. Cell phone account would be made under a different name or shell company name. Like my IRS buddy used to say, if you gave him a millions of dollars to hide, he would know how to do it.

1 Like

Why not go all the way to 888 people? :joy:

I had a call from a friend in Las Vegas this very minute. She was thinking about coming to a Californian town close to Nevada or going to Arizona to buy tickets. She said probably Arizona since the California town’s only store selling lottery tickets had miles long line.

Feel lucky at least of participating without waiting half a day for a chance.

I wanted to close the pool at the auspicious 28 but people keep rushing in (final number still TBD) :woman_facepalming:

If you win the billion dollar lottery, what should you do with your rentals? Might as well as sell everything immediately.

Now I understand why the super rich don’t bother with tenant and toilet.

Merely spending the principal would last till your last day on Earth.

Can I join!? Let’s get it to 88.

They still do, but someone else in their mega corp does it for them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should exclude those in property industry. Ultra rich(es) own property for vacation and housing for visiting business partners.