You Gotta Love BART

Sounds like last Tuesday night, eh, Joe???

Already happening–not the mom and pop tourists, but the conventions are packing up and going somewhere else. Was posted in another thread (starting around post #131):

1 Like

?? All kids should have a clipper card with automatic reload, a debit card, and $20 cash as backup. Along with a cell phone. If he doesn’t have these, the mom is really at fault. Just saying that as a mom.

At least he had a cell-phone and could call. Also, you’d think that he could bum 40 cents off someone.

From my husband:

“Aggravated assaults were up 28 percent for the first six months of the year, compared to the same time period last year, according to BART.”

1 Like

This could def be posted under my “Why Oakland Is Oakland” thread…

Folks, wake up. While it was a tragic accident, Oscar Grant was not a hero by any stretch of the definiton. Instead of home with his daughter, he was out and about partying.

Grant is the reason for the rise in BART crime. BART police are afraid of overreacting and getting sent to jail.

2 Likes

Honestly, if BART simply made the entrances as I asked (like in NY with the fairly hefty metal grating) that would reduce the level of crime substantially. Too many fare jumping criminals quite frankly…

2 Likes

BART Boosts Pay for Officers Over Four Years

The $10,000 hiring bonuses will also continue into 2019 to bring more officers into the ranks.

http://www.sfweekly.com/news/bart-boosts-pay-for-officers-over-four-years/

Wow, signing bonus too for just hanging out with the fellas???

Man, love cruising. Just finished a poker game with 8 fellow cruisers to the wee hours in the morning. We continue tomorrow as our ship steams towards St. Thomas. I am paying some major poker tuition since some of these guys are very good but we are having fun.

Were you expecting them to be arresting people 24/7?

BTW: I’m impressed with the racial diversity of this group of officers.

You’ve got internet on your cruise? That’s pretty cool. Glad you’re hanging out a little with us still. You must really care about us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, wifey needs internet to post all her pictures to Facebook and I do need to check if a tenant is calling.

Hopefully everyone is surviving the stock market these days…

Posting travel pictures on social media while still vacationing is the dumbest thing ever. That’s asking for burglary.

1 Like

Along with putting a dog up in a kennel :frowning:

1 Like

Real time interactions can’t be reproduced after vacation. Your mind would be away from vacation and you may not even remember your mood, feelings and surroundings

1 Like