You Want Excellent Chinese Food, Manch?

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. Their twist is that they also offer tempura string beans too. A tad expensive but good.

1 Like

In n Out is always crowded. Even at 11 pm at night their drive through has 10+ cars. To me itā€™s a good indicator people like it. In addition Itā€™s cheap, less than $4 for the double double.

No doubt, In n Out def hits the spot when you are traveling, etc or out on the town and need a bite after. If I remember correctly, the double char burger, fries and drink is about 8-9 bucks at Habit. Individual burgers are about 4 bucks I think. They have all those condiments too if you like that, like jalapenos, steak sauce, tabasco sauce. Oh, ice cream or milk shakes tooā€¦

I am not a big burger guy but would do a Habit burger again and soon without a gun to my headā€¦

Is it really? I havenā€™t eaten at the big M in HK sinceā€¦ hmmā€¦ since I were a teenager there? Next time in town I will hit up the big M.

Our burger offering wonā€™t be complete until we have Shake Shackā€¦ when are they coming the right coast?

Yes, their buns are delivered from The Garden Company at 6am every day.
Iā€™m not a big M guy, I prefer the Fish filet or the ā€œThickā€ Mc Chicken.

And yes, asia fast food chains do served localized food like jook.

Re: McDā€™s fries taste very good, since they put some yummy additives (chemical?) in the favoring so youā€™d come back for more. (same for Japanese imported chips vs Trader Joe plain salt and pepper chips, the former tastes way better)

In N out burger are pretty good, but I felt very thirty after, probably they put lots of MSG in the dirty sauce.
But I like that they make it fresh.

Habit burger is not bad, I think the tastiness of these fast food burger depends heavily on the dirty sauce.
(For example I tried Ikeā€™s sandwich and without the dirty sauce itā€™s really mediocre)

1 Like

My understanding or observation as to why the Habit burger is so good is because of the meat patty quality and it being flame broiled(?) and not just fried??? I hate to admit it to my wife who loves burgers (I donā€™t know how she stays slim) but it really was pretty good.

@manch, @harriet

To be objective in reporting, it appears my lil San Tung is temporarily closed due to poor health score rating. Obviously, the brothers forgot to pay that lil red envelope this monthā€¦

1 Like

I went to Asian Pearl in Millbrae for dim sum yesterday. Food is alright, almost as good as East Lake in San Jose. The congee was weak sauce though. Price is a lot higher than East Lake. 6 adults and 2 kids the tab came out to $100. At East Lake it would have been below $80.

Honestly, that doesnā€™t sound too bad for 6 adults and 2 kids and it is Millbrae after all, (what an upscale Chinatown looks like)ā€¦ God, if it were Yank Sing, your wallet would have been seriously violatedā€¦

Iā€™ve been to Yang Sing a couple times. Nothing to write home about. The only good thing about them is their chilli sauce and even that is overrated.

No decent Chinese food within the border of San Francisco. Period. :smiling_imp:

What did I tell you before, I found a fly in my noodle soup at your favorite restaurant some odd years ago. Glad the Dept of Public Health finally caught up.

Asian Pearl is okay, Dragon Beaux is better.

Where is Dragon Beaux?

Please be mindful that I only mention Yank Sing because of its high pricing and it really is more geared towards the non Asian crowd. I did happen to go there last Friday for take-out since I got tired of burritos and the unthinkable has happened: a rice plate costs more than $10 now. O my freeking god!!! What has this world come to???

Richmond district, 21st & Geary. They used to have a whole mini abalone in their sticky rice wrapped in lotus leaf, but now they are going cheap and only give you half of the abalone.

If you found one, I canā€™t refute that but with the closure it is surprising because it is not like food is sitting out there. I mean, my god, people are ordering in and out so much that the cooking is fresh as can be. I suppose it could be pests or rodentsā€¦supposedly minor closed to Thursday

Ok, that is on the list for maybe this weekend. Donā€™t let me down, @harriet!!!

Itā€™s hard to say since your taste buds seem to be very different from mine (GGB and San Tung), but do let me know how it goes!

1 Like

GGB??? No, my wife especially likes all kinds of foods. I may be Mr. Simple but she ainā€™t.