AAPL and Apple

Ignore today red, bull run resumes again soon. They will make it cross $400 easily. Market goes crazily all stocks up and up like nov-Jan run again.

1 Like

No way any RE can appreciate as fast as AAPL.
Instead of spending $2M to buy a Cupertino SFH, invested in AAPL, now worth $10M. Can sell 50% to buy a SFH in Cupertino and 10 SFHs in Austin and still hold plenty of AAPLs.

1 Like

From the chart, I only see this, that AAPL went straight up after Warren buffet started buying from $99 !

1 Like

Very few people buy a $2M house with all cash. If you only pay 20% down return would look much better on the RE side. Not to mention you need a roof over your head regardless. So why not turn that into an investment rather than an expense?

Some wise guy in Hong Kong once said, renting is the same as shorting the housing market. Buying your own house is neutral position. Only when you acquire rentals are you long the housing market.

Don’t short the SV housing market.

Instead of buy underlying, long LEAPS calls, return is 100x. Your $400k would be worth $40M :star_struck: It can be done, there is a recent article about a guy turned $35k to $1M in one :point_up: month trading calls.

Btw, house price didn’t double from 2016-now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: So AAPL is still faster.

You should follow his return for the next 10 years. See if he lost everything at the end.

1 Like

Insurance industry makes money by limiting losses with any one insured, while making money with other insureds. Therefore, if losses are not kept under check to make a big gain. Easy Come Easy Go may prove right.

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/apple-set-for-new-record-high-on-wedbush-price-target-boost

Wedbush analyst Dan Ives, a long-time Apple stock bull, lifted his price target on the stock by $25 to $450 per share - the highest on Wall Street. On a best-case basis, Ives argued, Apple could hit $525 per share, a level that would take Apple’s market cap well past the $2 trillion mark.

@Jil Watch me mint $ without trying

Apple shares were marked 1.17% higher in pre-market trading Monday to indicate an opening bell price of $388.12 each, a move that would extend the stock’s year-to-date gain to around 32.2%.

@Jil AAPL annualized return of about 30% is hard to beat. Hodl :money_mouth_face: Jim Cramer has been convinced long ago and then WB, they are late but still manage to make tons of $ - Buy & Hold AAPL! Trade other stocks.

WQJ ==> 3350 * 1730 = 5795500

1 Like

@wuqijun makes tons of money after marriage, and accelerate after getting a son. Possibly couldn’t close his mouth laughing at his ex-PayPal and ex-Apple colleagues struggling 9-5 jobs.

2 Likes

I wonder if wuqijun will trim his TSLA holding at the current level, if not already yet. TSLA is now the biggest market-cap automaker in the world. How big of a market cap should the #1 automaker be?

After he bought then at $275, he did not sell when it reached $180, but bought more. He won’t sell at all now.

IMO, he will keep it as it is like hanera’s AAPL.

Tesla is for innovation, it can easily grow further, of course no one can say how much market cap it can go !

It can always expand the offering outside of just EVs. I imagine that is what people are banking on.

That sounds like bad timing. Maybe he had a prenup set up.

EW guru predicts AAPL has peaked. Will @manch and @Jil buy AAPL if it declines to $320? How about $220?

Probably no :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nowadays, I do not believe any analysts prediction. IMO, they do not have any clue how market goes and they talk at very high level only.

AAPL, MSFT, GOOGL, AMZN and TSLA are my stocks when market get into deep low, but I do not know whether it is $320 or $220 or any price. I do not have any set target for me.

Until then, I am only trading either TQQQ or UPRO where I am very comfortable (even if it is high risk).

BTW: This is posted for discussion purpose, not a stock advice, nor a financial advice.

Don’t like companies growing at a snail pace of 3% a year. Apple has turned into a rent seeking company, trying to nickel and dime app developers and push their mediocre apps onto moms and dads.

Pass.

@manch talks like a robinhooder :crazy_face:

@Jil talks like delusional teenager :grimacing: